UNLIKELY ICON

Posted 5:26 PM by mizzeboni in

Keri Hilson was born in 1982 in Decatur, Georgia (BIG UPS, thats where I grew up). In her teen years she routinely practiced the piano and took singing lessons eventually allowing her to join a girl group called D'Signe. She began songwriting in 2001 for artists such as Usher, Ludacris, Britney Spears and Ciara. In 2006 she signed with Timbaland's label Mosley Music group while appearing on the smash "The Way I Are". She is actually signed to Interscope Records and Zone 4 as well. She was part of a collective group of writers and producers known as the Clutch where she ghost-writed for artists for quite some time. Her debut cd was "In A Perfect World" which included her smash hit "Turnin Me On". Since then she has been trying to climb the charts as well as her way into the lime light of the industry in front of the camera, instead of hidden in the credits of someone else's album.
MS. KERI BAAABBBY!! I know that she has gotten some flack on her style sense in the very brief time she has come from the back drop into the lime light, but I am really digging her. I call her the unlikely icon because I believe that Keri Hilson has such a style that is her own. I think that she can go from the streetwalk to the red carpet beautifully. I know a lot of people dont really like her style but I appreciate people who know what they like to wear and try to stay as true to that without losing themselves to the labels (not saying that it wont happen). I feel that she is steadily working at incorporating her own taste into what is "accepted" by the fashion mags. This tall, gorgeous woman is really making a name for herself in the music industry and I feel that if she continues to get the right stylists to cater to what she likes, while standing by what looks good on her and in front of the camera, she will be set. Not saying that she is 100% there because I think that with her long legs and slender frame, she has what it takes to rock the hottest things, but I understand that not everyone is into that. She seems to be more comfortable rockin' sneakers than stillettos. But to each its own. Ms. Keri baby is my unlikely fashion icon right now. Im going to continue to keep tabs on her though... she looks like she can slip.


0 comment(s) to... “UNLIKELY ICON”

0 comments: